The NIA Masjid & Community Center was established in 1985 to serve a growing Muslim community in the North Ward of Newark, NJ. Over the years, it has spawned a very dynamic and diverse community of Muslims from all walks of life.
Our vision is to be a model Muslim community that strives to attain the highest ideals by the adherence to the Qur’an and Sunnah. Our vision will be realized through our mission statements:
- To provide appropriate and comprehensive training and development for the community
- To develop and maintain suitable and viable economic ventures that will help our community towards financial stability
- To provide premier social services that will enhance the well being of both Muslims and non-Muslims
- To facilitate suitable recreational programs and activities to attract our members and improve their quality of life
- To develop and maintain an effective system for networking and public relations with other groups to promote NIA
- To educate the public on the religion of Islam
Access Token not set. You can generate Access Tokens for your Page or Profile on fb.srizon.com. After generating the access token, insert it on the backend
To fulfill that vision and accomplish the goals of our mission means that we not only cater to the needs of our members, but we must also work for and alongside our neighbors to be of benefit to the overall community. Throughout the years, NIA has not only participated in, but spearheaded several outreach and community services programs. Additionally, we are honored to have partnered with the City of Newark to fulfill various faith-based initiatives.
Being an inner city community, one of our primary aims is to safeguard our youth from the many pitfalls that plague the youth of other inner cities across the country. Our key strategy of achieving success is establishing positive alternatives and providing a wholesome environment for the youth. It is a badge of honor and blessing to have such a large number of young people in our growing community.
Currently the masjid has a full time Imam and is managed by the Shurah Council and Board of Trustees. We offer array of effective educational, developmental, social and recreational activities and programs for both men and women of all age groups. In 2014, we completed construction of our new facilities that will not only be a house of worship, but also serve as a community center, allowing us to expand our services.
We will continue to work with our members, our neighbors, the community, other local faith-based groups and the City of Newark to improve the condition of our people. We look forward to many years of mutual cooperation and much success.